Foster Care and Children who have Disabilities

Watching a clown at an FEW.

Child Placing Agencies

Child Placing Agencies are Kansas Department of Health and Environment licensed organizations that typically recruit, license and support foster care families to care for children (with or without disabilities) who must leave their family home. Waiver residential services may be available to children with disabilities in the custody of the Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services or for children whose family home has become unable to support the child successfully.

The contents of this Families Together, Inc.'s website were developed under grants from the US Department of Education (#H328M150027) and the Department of Health and Human Services (H84MC09487). However, the contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the US Departments of Education or Health and Human Services, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government Project Officers, Kristen Rhoads or LaQuanta Smalley.