In-person trainings have been cancelled due to the Coronavirus.
Our workshops, trainings and conferences are offered to parents, education advocates, general educators, special educators, para-professionals, administrators, service providers, and other individuals who care for and about children/youth who have disabilities.
Contact Darla regarding upcoming education advocate trainings.
- Salina Education Advocate Training – March 19, 2020
- Wichita Education Advocate Training – March 31, 2020
- Chanute Education Advocate Training – April 23, 2020
Team Empowerment Conferences (TEC)
- Topeka Autism Summit 2020: TEC – From Clashes to Collaboration: Building an Effective Team for Your Child – August 5, 2020 – more information coming soon
Our Transition TECs are for youth (ages 14-21) who have disabilities and their families. Educators and others are also welcome to attend.
- Hays Transition TEC – March 14, 2020
- Wichita Transition TEC – Oct. 3, 2020
- Kansas City Metro – November 2020
Family Employment Awareness Trainings (FEAT) (You must attend Part 1 in order to attend Part 2.)
- Shawnee Mission FEAT – Part 1 – Oct. 24 & Part 2 Oct. 30, 2020
Parent Leadership Conference
Special Request Workshops Families Together’s workshops are offered to parents, education advocates general educators, special educators, para-professionals, administrators, service providers, and other individuals who care for and about children/youth who have disabilities. Please contact the center near you to schedule a workshop.
- Families Together Inc. presentation
- Special Education: Parents’ Rights & Responsibilities
- Families are Important! Part C Infant-Toddler Services
- Step Ahead at Age 3: Transition to Preschool
- IEP Development
- Building the Dream: Planning for the Transition from School to Adult Life
- Stress Management
- Learning with a Difference
- Strategies to Prevent & De-escalate Challenging Behaviors
- and more…