Family Employment Awareness Training (FEAT)
FEAT is for Kansas families, youth/young adults and individuals who serve Kansas children birth-26.
A FREE two-day in-person training designed for families, youth/young adults who have disabilities and/or special health care needs, and the professionals who support them.
Join us to learn about services, programs, and supports available to support gaining and maintaining employment for youth/young adults who have disabilities. We will share strategies for using person-centered planning to individualize transition services in the IEP and employment outcomes.
April 29, 2023 – Part 1: Building the Dream of Employment
- Outside the Box job possibilities
- Using transition services in the IEP to support employment
- Meet individuals have disabilities who are successfully employed (afternoon panel)
May 5, 2023 – Part 2: Identifying and Accessing Employment Resources
- Services, programs, and information to support gaining and maintaining employment
- Antidiscrimination laws
- Visit with state and local adult service agencies who support individuals with disabilities (afternoon panel)
Employment is possible for youth/young adults who have disabilities!
Families Together is here to assist all Kansas families and transition age youth who have disabilities and/or special healthcare needs ages birth-26.
3033 West 2nd Street, Room 122
Wichita, KS 67203
5611 Southwest Barrington Court South, Suite 120
Topeka, KS 66614-2489